EDIT

Edit

Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter Celebration

Well, well, well....


Sitting at work Thursday getting ready for the weekend and the list of things I need to do around the house, not even thinking about Easter. A little bird comes to my desk and poses the question of what I was doing for Easter.

I really had not made any plans or had anything cooking. She they asked me to cok. They said "What, is the party at your house?"
I stuttered for a second. They knew about my Thanksgiving dinner and such. So put on the spot and having no clue what I was doing, I said "Sure, come on over." So Thursday evening right before walking out the door, working from home on Friday I was volnteered to host the Easter dinner... No worries I love to cook and by no means am I complaining. But, it was a little short on the notice. I had three months to pull off Thanksgiving dinner. This time I had.... less than two days to pull it off including menu planning, and the acual cooking and preparing the food.
So the word went out and I had about 24 invitees. 17 showed.
The person who volunteered me.... NO SHOW at the event.
If they would have just kept their mouth shut.. HAAHAH
No but I do love hosting and cooking and the whole preparation of everything. I went Grocery shopping Friday, started baking Saturday morning, and finished cooking Sunday morning all day.
Pictures you say?
None
Yes that is right... NONE.
Invitations go out and it is stated dinner is SERVED @ 4pm.
That means get there like 30 mins before hand setup have a few drinks eat some snacks..
Well, didi not happen that way. Call Saturday, to the DR. and ask him to help me get some tables and chairs, considering I do not have a dinner table big enough for 20+ people, he agrees and tells me to call him in the morning. A local church that I have baked for and donated various cooking goods said that I could get the tables and chairs to have a seat for everyone at the house.
Well.... 4 rolls around.. still no tables and chairs but all the food is ready and cooked. PLus I have two guests their that have no place to sit and enjoy their beverages. I give them the tour and introduce them to the dogs and wait for the tables.
Talbes and people arrive, setup and begin dinner.
Everyone had a good time and I pulled of a party for 20 people in less than two days notice.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh deep exhale...
Everyone kept telling me that I should get into the catering business because of the way I present the food and plan everything out. Not so mych for me... To much involved in that.
I would need partners and employees and a place to cook cause my kitchen and stove will only cook for about 30 people.. After that I am out of space. 30 is pushing it now.. Ohh well. I neglected a ton of emails this weekend and have to cath up on that. I best get back to that.
Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment