EDIT

Edit

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The thing about my job....


The thing about my job is that I see the good the bad and the ugly... Today was the straight ugly. One of the gentlemen that I work with was involved in a pretty serious accident. He was just doing his job. Trying to make a buck. I try my best to keep a distance to people that I work with as not to really get attached to them. but this is different. I got the call today shortly after 1553. The driver had called his son to let him know he was trapped in this vehicle and they where cutting him out of it. He had a punctured lung and could barely breathe. Then his son called us along with some of the witnesses that saw the accident. The firedepartment had to cut the door off the hinges and also cut the battery cable due to the steering cloumn being broke in half.
I arrived on the scene to see him gone in an ambulance to patch him up. The initial thing was that he did not look to well. I looked at the other car that hit ours and could not believe it. There was little to no damage. This Kia Sorento had plowed into our car literally been inside the car and barely had a dent in the hood. The lady driving the other vehicle was sitting on the curb trying to get as much attention as possible. Little did I know I was right on my initial thought of the situation. this car which was almost at a stop had been pushed more than fifty feet leaving some mighty skid marks. This little Kia must have been traveling at a rate of speed which was NO WHERE near consistent with the speed limit of 35 MPH. Miss drama queen was also now pregnant. This just complicates things ten times more.

Our cars have a little safety device in them. A video camera known as a DriveCam. This little camera protects people for liability in accidents. When we got the camera downloaded after we had the car towed back to the lot the truth came out.. In my opinion... The lady who hit our car did not seem to hurt when she jumped out of the car to check things out when she hit our driver. She did not limp or show any excessive little problems then. I knew when I saw her at the accident scene there was something up.

Come to find out the injuries.. Our driver suffered a broken pelvis, fractured colarbone, punctured lung, 12 broken ribs, laceration on the liver, spleen, kidney, and prostate. This gentleman was also older. Now I fear he will have problems for the rest of his life.

To top things off.. They cited him  for being at fault in the accident.. I swear if there is one thing wrong in Atlanta it is the police and how the figure out accidents scenes. You look at the evidence adn you or any three year old could see that clearly with the force of the car hitting ours and the length of the skid marks this stupid bitch was speeding. I guess she deserves an emmy for her being "hurt".

She played a good game but I sure as hell hope that this comes back to haunt her. She will get what she deserves.. All I can say through all of this though..


Speed does Kill. Slow down and do not be in such a hurry in life.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment