EDIT

Edit

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Insomnia Hell..

Hummm yesterday was non-the-less... a very tired type of day..
I cannot explain what happens when I stay up for long periods of time..
The weird thing is the ability to do so..
Yesterday was a prime exampl..
And today I am surviving off of three hours of interupted sleep...
Left work yesterday at or around noon..
Went to Mall hell..
Met up with a friend to accomplish some Christmas shopping..
Boy what a chore..
OHHHH I got the biggest paycheck yesterday I have ever recieved..
Put it this way..
Simple math..
58.75 hours..
Everything over 40 is time and a half..
Hummm..
Considering that I am doing pretty good now..
That was a big chunk of change in the ole pocket book..
I hope more weeks are like that to come..

So after leaving work with a hot check in my hand I go to the bank and cash it..
Not my bank cause there was not one around the mall area..
BTW took me an hour and fifteen to get into the mall area..
Suck hardcore..

Cash it and go on my way.

Get into the mall and know exactly what store I was going to hit first..
Since my boss claims to be an extreme Irish man I went and found him a pint mug and had it engraved..
Of course this time of year it takes at least 2 hours to get it done..
1:30 is when I was in the shop..
2:30
3:30 ETPU (estimated time of pickup..)
Ok so this puts me past the 15 hour awake rule..
That is fine...

Walk around the mall looking for other useless gifts..
Find nothing and resort to getting my mother and AUnt a gift Card..
Woooo big spender I know..

Go back @ 3:30 and pick up the beer pint with his initials..
Get into the car and decided to grab a bite to eat..
Mistake..
Went to Chilis.. Not my home store..
Got SHAFTED by management there..

Which is ok..
Promptly called in a complaint to my manager about the crap..
Go to T.J. Max my FAV store in the whole wide world..
Got my christmas presents..
Actually did something odd.. Put them on layaway..
2nd time I have ever done that..
Layaway that is..
Lower interest than my credit card PLUS.. I will not have to blow money on me just yet...
Save the mula for the other presents that I will not buy..
Leave the Max and have to go to Wal-Mart to buy the supplies to begin my baking escapade..
1 pumpkin cheesecake pie
1 pumpkin pie
1 apple pie..
100% homemade... Cept for the filling..
What you think I am going to scrap a pumkin? They are really out of season..

Soo come home and begin baking..
Makes the crusts...
Start to try to make the filling..
Realize I have no can opener... Nor Mixer.. Nor spatulas..
Shit.. at one point I had some..

Choose to go to Target @ 8pm...
Mental ability really lacking..
I should have written everything down...
Get to Target..
They DO NOT have the mixer I wanted..
FUCK..
Buy a cheapo.. Get a set of ORANGE spatulas and a mixing bowl..
Come home and start on the cheecake filling..
Finish and fill the pie..
Go to open the cans of milk and pumpkin mix..
LOW AND FUCKING BEHOLD I FORGOT a can opener!!!
9:15 timeline..
Go to the nearest type of store..
Eckerd..
NEVER GO THERE FOR EMERGENCY BAKING SUPPLIES!

No luck ok getting to can opener there..
Ohh I tried to ope the cans with a knife..
FFR ( for Future REference) Does not relly work to well..

Hop back in the truck and go to K-Roger
Walk in buy a $2.16 can opener and go home..

Now.. Finish the pies.. In oven..
Nap time until they get done...

1 hour 15 mins later.. Wakeup and check them...
11:35 timeline..
Need 15 more mins to brown the apple pie crust..

Sleep 15 get up turn over off and oopen door..

Wakeup late for work.. as usual..
Leave for work and realize I have 2 voicemails.. Funny
I listen to them and it is Chilis calling telling them that the police called and they have my wallet!
What????????
I jot the number down and call the police in NORCROSS..
Nontheless not where I live currently..
I live in Duluth and had not been in Norcross all day...

So I am fearing the worst now.. Luckily earlier in the day I kept my CASH in my coat pocket..
Not in my wallet..
Soo I call the police and they said some nice couple turned it in..
Probaly felt bad for me with my out of state liscense..
Soo I pass the station on my way to work everyday and stop in and they give me my walle..
Not one card missing or out of place..
BUT I was soo lucky because just that day I had pulled Becky's (my chilis manager) card out of my wallet at the other Chili's... so it was on top..
That is why they called them.. Go figure...
Soo I get to work and I am kind of behind but not really..
Things are slow so we have been goofing off today..
My boss is going to love his present...
Heck.. I am thoughtful guy ;0)

So I got a call yesterday and I was not sure how to handle it..
Someone needed to talk and let it out of their system so I sat there and listened..
That is all I have wanted anyways..
Venting done short conversation..
I dunno she said she had nothing to talk about..
But I thought she did..

I was shaking by the time the phone call was over..
The same thing that happens to me all the time..
Anytime I would head over there to pickup the mail or do anything it was like pre-show jitters..
I have them now just typing about them..
It is like your cold but your not at all cold...
You cannot control it...
I do not know what it is but I guess it is built up tension..
But up hurt..
Whatever it is I want it gone..
I do not like it..
It is not a good feeling...

Today I am going to sleep as much as I want.. Sit on my ass and finish the movies I had slated for viewing yesterday..

Ohh and the mobile blog.. Works.. Works good..
I like it and the idea of it..
I thought you could do it but I had not seen the link on the site until this morning..

I get soo wigged out when I do not get sleep..
I am that way right now..
Everything is in slow motion..
Well looks like I will have a passenger on the way back from N-ville after Christmas..
She asked If I could bring her back to get her car..
I have no problem with that..
There they come again.. My hands
Well I do not know how to explain things..
I guess I do not have to..

Back to boredomeville..
My life..

No comments:

Post a Comment