EDIT

Edit

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

What an adventure..

I can say with all honesty that I had the time of my life even though I blew alot of money for really nothing at all..
I had not a single plan for the trip except my car and plane ticket...
I had thought about taking my tent and hiking gear just "IN CASE" I decided to get out and just hike. I regret not packing more lightly like I was going camping. I was at graduation for all of a couple of hours and then at the party for a few hours. I would have much rather had went up to the summit of Hood for the first time. It is ok I am planning an excursion shortly before peak ski season up there. This time I am getting the H3 hummer instead of the trailblazer. I will go all out.. Even if gas there is $2.30 a gallon in some places.
I drove 700 miles in three days.. pretty pathetic for me.. Well I did not include the trip time from ATL to Nashville. with those miles I drove well over a 1,000 miles. I posted all the pics that I have developed so far from the excursion I still have a roll or two that I hae to take in. But I still have pics to take.

So going someplace by oneself is a real test. I did not have anyone to share anything with but I enjoyed the silence that I had on my trip.. I enjoyed just driving and not really having a worry in the world.. I shopped by myself and ate almost every meal by myself. I tested airport security...
Here is what I do not get..
I had vials and needles in my bag.. My carry on none the less... No one even stopped me.. That kind of scares me because inside that vial could have been anything, with the needles I could have taken oven the plane with something that was never checked. They did not even blink an eye at any of my supplies.. That kind of worried me a little.. I was prepared to show them my documentation.. They where more worried about the butane lighters than the person carrying needles and vials of some unknown medicine. Ohh well that is the security for ya..
I tested it numerous times and never once got stopped or even asked what that stuff was..
I have been shopping online for the needed supplies to take that hike..
I have figured that I need some good gaitors, a new tent (cause I can justify it now), and new pack ( another justification), and some hiking poles, with an ice axe. Not to much gear.. I am trying to keep the trip under a grand total.. We shall see.. Who knows I might not even get to do it in such a short notice.. Not with the hours lacking here at work.. I am not putting in the normal 55 hours plus a week.. I am looking sort of hard to find another job... I mean things here would be great without empty promises and the typical small office politics..
I always have the bum option to fall back on. I could just be a bum and live on the streets. My life would be short and have a painful ending but heck, less stress.. I would be in survival mode.. only worrying about sleeping and eating..

So this trip has lifted my spirits and let me know that it is ok to be alone.. I accept that I cannot make someone happy.. They have to be happy with themselves before they can be happy with someone else.. I accept the fact that I am a failure at many things in my life.. Waking up to the summit of hood was awesome. It was a last minute idea.. OF COURSE but when I woke up there alone and everything was peaceful I walked around and thought. I thought about all the people that have come and gone in my life like people have come and gone where I was standing.. I thought about what was to come as well..
I can only hope and wish that I will be as happy as I want to be.. I now I will be.. Even if it means that I am alone my life.. I will always live for me from now on.. I will help myself before I help someone else..
It is all good..
MY trip was great and I had the pleasure to sit next to the some politician on the way back to Nashville that wanted to give me a job and advice.. I willl post more pics when I get them back..
I will press on..

No comments:

Post a Comment